- Cooking Time: 90 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 large celery stalk
- 1 small head garlic
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (28-ounce) can San Marzano (or other Italian) tomatoes, either whole or crushed
- 1 (12-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried hot pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon suga
- 1. Coarse chop or process celery, onion, green pepper, carrot and 1/2 the garlic.
- 2. In stock pot, heat olive oil to medium high and then add chopped vegetables. Cook until brown around edges.
- 3. Add all remaining ingredients, except reserved garlic, and simmer, covered, for one hour.
- 4. With 15 minutes to go, add the reserved garlic.
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 90 minutes
- This recipe makes enough sauce for 1 to 1-1/2 pounds of pasta
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More