- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryIt looks like spaghetti and even tastes like spaghetti. We had my nephew fooled when he was little. We just put some sauce on it, and he ate it!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 4 tomatoes, beefsteak or on the vine
- 1 pkg mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2 scallions
- Bake the squash in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour on 350. It depends on how big it is.
- Open the squash, and peel the insides (it shreds like spaghetti).
- Blanche the tomatoes in boiling water, and remove skins.*
- Cut up the tomatoes in cubes and add to the squash. Place in a 9 x 13 pan with a light coating of cooking spray. Sprinkle on scallions and mozzarella.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350.
- *This was how the recipe was given to me although I have been known to substitute the fresh tomatoes for canned in a pinch.