- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ground black pepper to taste
- 10 oz chopped, cooked & drained spinach
- 2 links of chicken sausage, such as spinach asiago
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- - In a 9x13 pan, grease it well with cooking spray.
- - Layer the cooked spaghetti squash on the bottom of the pan.
- - In a pan, saute garlic, onions in olive oil and cook until softened.
- Add mushrooms and spinach, cooking until heated through.
- Add black pepper to taste.
- Layer the mushroom/spinach mixture on top of spaghetti squash in pan.
- Cut the sausage links into thin slices and layer over mushroom/spinach mixture in pan.
- Top with pasta sauce.
- Sprinkle Italian cheese on top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes; let it sit for 10 minutes before serving.
NotesWell I'm on a healthy kick and tonight I finally made a recipe using spaghetti squash! It's a new favorite of mine and definitely a healthy alternative to standard pasta. Here is the recipe for my Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Bake which was inspired by my friend Cara.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More