SPAGHETTI SQUASH MEXICALI
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- sea salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter [or Smart Balance] and a drizzle of olive oil
- curry powder or chili powder, and cumin, to taste
- 1 cup corn
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 14-oz. can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 heaping tablespoons jarred jalapenos, chopped [or 4 oz. chopped mild green chiles, if you prefer]
- 1 lime - for zest, and juice
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 8 ounces of block feta or goat cheese, diced
- For garnish: fresh chopped cilantro, lime wedges
Combine the buttered squash strands, corn, garlic, tomatoes, black beans and jalapenos. Add the zest of one lime. Halve and juice the lime into the squash mixture. Lightly toss. Add the pine nuts and feta. Again, toss lightly. Add a drizzle of olive oil if it needs a bit more moisture. Spoon the squash mixture into a casserole dish, baking dish, or two pie plates.
Cover loosely with foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes, till heated through. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh chopped cilantro and some lime wedges.