- Cooking Time: 22
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 whole spaghetti squash, halved, with seeds and squishy stuff scraped out
- 2 T butter
- 1/2 Cup grated Parmesean cheese
- Lowery's Seasoning Salt
- Black pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Garlic powder
- Place prepared squash halves skin side up in vegetable steamer and steam for 22 minutes.
- Using a dish towel to hold the steamed squash (very hot!), scrape strands of cooked squash out of shell and place in large mixing bowl.
- Add butter and cheese while squash is still steaming hot.
- Add seasoning to taste.
- Blend gently with wooden spoon.
NotesSince I do not eat any grains, I invented this recipe as a noodle substitute. When I make it, I usually make spaghetti noodles the same way and my family gets both the squash and the pasta, while I am absolutely content with just the squash. Makes a terrific base for any kind of pasta sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More