- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2-4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThanks to my cousin Tristan (shoutouts!!!!!) my new favorite food is Spaghetti Squash. Believe it or not I had never actually tried this vegetable before a few weeks ago. I can't get over what I have been missing out on all these years. It's easy to make and a delicious, healthy alternative to your regular run of the mill pasta. This versatile squash can be prepared a variety of ways but my favorite go-to recipe is without a doubt this one.
- 1 medium sized spaghetti squash (look for one with a pale, even color, avoid ones with soft spots or a green color)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp. basil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- pine nuts
- feta cheese
- black olives
- 1. Preheat oven to 375. Pierce squash all over with a fork. Place squash in a roasting pan, inside oven, and bake for 1 hour. Allow squash to cool for 10 minutes after baking.
- 2. Meanwhile heat olive oil over medium low heat. Saute onion until soft, 2-3 mins. Stir in garlic, basil, tomato and pepper. Cook several minutes, until tomatoes are warm and pepper has softened.
- 3. Cut squash in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop pulp and seeds from the squash. Using a fork comb out the strands of squash and place in a large bowl. Toss squash with vegetable mixture.
- 4. Serve topped with crumbled feta, pine nuts and olives.