SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH SAUTEED VEGGIES, PINE NUTS, OLIVES & FETA
Spaghetti Squash with Sauteed Veggies, Pine Nuts, Olives & Feta
- Servings: 2-4
- 1 medium sized spaghetti squash (look for one with a pale, even color, avoid ones with soft spots or a green color)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp. basil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- pine nuts
- feta cheese
- black olives
1. Preheat oven to 375. Pierce squash all over with a fork. Place squash in a roasting pan, inside oven, and bake for 1 hour. Allow squash to cool for 10 minutes after baking.
2. Meanwhile heat olive oil over medium low heat. Saute onion until soft, 2-3 mins. Stir in garlic, basil, tomato and pepper. Cook several minutes, until tomatoes are warm and pepper has softened.
3. Cut squash in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop pulp and seeds from the squash. Using a fork comb out the strands of squash and place in a large bowl. Toss squash with vegetable mixture.
4. Serve topped with crumbled feta, pine nuts and olives.