- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 3 tbspns EVOO
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 orange/yellow/red (just not green) bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 tbspn minced garlic
- 2 tspns oregeno
- 1 can plum tomatoes, chopped, with juices
- 1 tbspn tomato paste
- 1 tspn sugar
- salt and pepper
- Halve the squash lengthwise, discard seeds. Cook, cut side down in a steamer basked in 2 inches of water until tender (about 30 minutes). Let cool.
- Place the oil in a pot over low heat. Add the onions ad peppers. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 15 minutes. Add the garlic and oregeno and cook for 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, paste, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boi, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Using a fork, pull out the flesh of the squash and place in a large bowl. Top with the sauce.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More