- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Place spaghetti squash cut sides down on the prepared baking sheet, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a sharp knife can be inserted with only a little resistance.
- Remove squash from oven, and set aside to cool enough to be easily handled.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic, and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, and cook only until tomatoes are warm.
- Use a large spoon to scoop the stringy pulp from the squash, and place in a medium bowl. Toss with the sauteed vegetables, feta cheese, olives, and basil. Serve warm.
NotesThis was my first time to cook this...the flesh of spaghetti squash comes out in long strands, very much resembling noodles. You just toss the the 'noodles' with vegetables and feta cheese.
You can substitute different vegetables, but be sure to use ones that have contrasting colors.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More