- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1lb spaghetti
- Olive oil
- 4oz smoked ham, jowl, pancetta or slab bacon, cubed or sliced into small pieces
- 4-5 cloves garlic chopped
- 2-3 large eggs
- 1c fresh grated Parmigian Reggiano, plus more for serving
- Salt & Black pepper
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Brown bacon in 2-3tblsp olive oil in heavy frypan over med heat. While this is cooking, reheat spaghetti in microwave in a couple tblsps water on HIGH, til steamy and hot; cover to keep hot if necessary. Add garlic and cook til just tender. Lower heat til almost off and add hot spaghetti to bacon & garlic and toss to coat well in rendered fat and oil. Beat well eggs and cheese in small mixing bowl, and add to frypan of spaghetti, tossing well to keep eggs from scrambling into large chunks. Season w/salt & pepper and serve while still glossy but not slimy, with parsley and add'l cheese as garnish!
NotesThis is my very flavor-ite thing to do w/leftover plain pasta! It's light and yet still HEARTY! Nummm!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More