- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
- * 15 3/4 ounces Spaghetti
- * 26 Sweet Cherry Tomatoes
- * 4 Anchovy Fillets
- * 20 Capers
- * 10 Kalamata Olives
- * 1 Garlic (cloves)
- * 4 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- * 1 teaspoons Hot chile flakes
- * 1/8 ounces Brown sugar
- * 1/8 ounces Sea salt
- * 1/8 Pepper (freshly cracked)
- * 1 tablespoons Parsley (fresh)
- Boil spaghetti in salted water until almost al dente for about 8 minutes.
- The pasta will finish cooking in the sauce so you want to strain it before it gets too cooked.
- Now, cut cherry tomatoes in half and set them aside.
- Mash 6 anchovy fillets with a fork; you will also be using these in your sauce.
- Next, roughly chop about 20 capers.
- Pit and chop Kalamata olives.
- Lastly, degerm and mince garlic and set all ingredients aside.
- Now that you have the ingredients ready, heat a large pan on medium and add olive oil. You can now add the minced garlic and a small pinch of hot chilie flakes.
- Fry garlic for 2 minutes until golden.
- Throw in the cherry tomatoes.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low, stir and sauté for about 10 minutes or until tomatoes begin to create a light sauce.
- Then add chopped capers, your chopped kalamata olives, a small pinch of brown sugar, sea salt if you want it really salty, and lastly add some cracked pepper to taste.
- Now it's time to add in your strained pasta to the sauce.
- Sprinkle pasta with a small pinch of fresh minced parsley.
- Mix well with tongs until pasta finishes cooking al dente, about 5 more minutes and you're done!
NotesSpaghetti alla Puttanesca means "Spaghetti the way a whore would make it"... Let us explain... Back in the 1950's, Italy was rife with legal brothels. To prevent squabbles between the housewives and hos (obviously this was before reality TV), the prostitutes were only allowed to shop at local markets once a week, and so whatever they bought had to last. That's why this recipe is made up of preserves ... and slutty goodness. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More