- Cooking Time: 45-60
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: 10-15
BackstoryA quick and easy grain free side dish, or add some meatballs and cheese and make a main dish.
- 1 large spaghetti squash, cut in half and deseeded.
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder.olive oil
- For variations: chopped tomatoes, garlic, carrots and onions.
- Cut the squash in half. I have a dedicated squash saw in my pantry, but you can use a wood saw that you clean beforehand.
- Scoop out the seeds. ( Save some to plant and give the rest to the birds)
- Coat the cavities with a little olive oil
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic, etc.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 45 to 60minutes, until fork tender
- Remove from the oven and scrape out of the shell with a fork and serve.
- Variation: fill the cavities with chopped tomato, onion, carrot and garlic before you bake it. The sauce will cook at the same time as the squash!