SPAGHETTI W/STRAWBERRIES, TOMATOES AND BALSAMIC
Spaghetti w/Strawberries, Tomatoes and Balsamic
- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4-5
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1lb Spaghetti
- Olive Oil
- 1 pint fresh Strawberries, quartered
- 4-5tblsps Balsamic vinegar
- 28oz can San Marzano Tomatoes
- 1/2tsp Sugar (***this is optional; I added because I thought it needed it)
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper, fresh ground
* Bring water to boil for pasta.
* Heat oil in large, deep skillet or Dutch oven; sauté berries in oil til somewhat transluscent.
* Add vinegar; stir and reduce til syrupy.
* Add pasta to boiling water; salt and cook.
* Break tomatoes up into to berries in pan; I did NOT dump in and add all the juice from the can.
* Add sugar, and salt & pepper generously to taste- you SHOULD taste the pepper.
* Lower heat to simmer berry/tomato sauce.
* When pasta is al dente, DO NOT DRAIN AND RINSE; rather, spoon with pasta tongs into sauce and blend. The starchy water from the pasta serves to make the thin sauce cling better to and absorb into the noodles.
*** YOU may find you don't need add'l sugar; I think it's dependent upon how sweet and ripe the berries are. The recipe didn't call for it, but I found mine needed just a tad. It could just be my taste though.