- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4-5
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1lb Spaghetti
- Olive Oil
- 1 pint fresh Strawberries, quartered
- 4-5tblsps Balsamic vinegar
- 28oz can San Marzano Tomatoes
- 1/2tsp Sugar (***this is optional; I added because I thought it needed it)
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper, fresh ground
- * Bring water to boil for pasta.
- * Heat oil in large, deep skillet or Dutch oven; sauté berries in oil til somewhat transluscent.
- * Add vinegar; stir and reduce til syrupy.
- * Add pasta to boiling water; salt and cook.
- * Break tomatoes up into to berries in pan; I did NOT dump in and add all the juice from the can.
- * Add sugar, and salt & pepper generously to taste- you SHOULD taste the pepper.
- * Lower heat to simmer berry/tomato sauce.
- * When pasta is al dente, DO NOT DRAIN AND RINSE; rather, spoon with pasta tongs into sauce and blend. The starchy water from the pasta serves to make the thin sauce cling better to and absorb into the noodles.
- * SERVE!!!
- *** YOU may find you don't need add'l sugar; I think it's dependent upon how sweet and ripe the berries are. The recipe didn't call for it, but I found mine needed just a tad. It could just be my taste though.
NotesI know it sounds weird, but it was GOOD! I made it as a request; it's super simple, fresh and tastes just like what's in it and that's all. And it turns the pasta a pretty shade of purple! TRY IT!
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More