- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4-5
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1lb Spaghetti
- Olive Oil
- 1 pint fresh Strawberries, quartered
- 4-5tblsps Balsamic vinegar
- 28oz can San Marzano Tomatoes
- 1/2tsp Sugar (***this is optional; I added because I thought it needed it)
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper, fresh ground
- * Bring water to boil for pasta.
- * Heat oil in large, deep skillet or Dutch oven; sauté berries in oil til somewhat transluscent.
- * Add vinegar; stir and reduce til syrupy.
- * Add pasta to boiling water; salt and cook.
- * Break tomatoes up into to berries in pan; I did NOT dump in and add all the juice from the can.
- * Add sugar, and salt & pepper generously to taste- you SHOULD taste the pepper.
- * Lower heat to simmer berry/tomato sauce.
- * When pasta is al dente, DO NOT DRAIN AND RINSE; rather, spoon with pasta tongs into sauce and blend. The starchy water from the pasta serves to make the thin sauce cling better to and absorb into the noodles.
- * SERVE!!!
- *** YOU may find you don't need add'l sugar; I think it's dependent upon how sweet and ripe the berries are. The recipe didn't call for it, but I found mine needed just a tad. It could just be my taste though.
NotesI know it sounds weird, but it was GOOD! I made it as a request; it's super simple, fresh and tastes just like what's in it and that's all. And it turns the pasta a pretty shade of purple! TRY IT!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking for a Cure
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More