SPAGHETTI WITH STUFFED MEATBALLS
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 lb. each ground beef, pork and veal
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley plus more for garnish
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 garlic cloves- minced
- 1 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/3 lb mozzarella or provolone, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- olive oil for frying
- About 6 cups tomato sauce
- 2 lbs. spaghetti, cooked & drained
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano for serving
In a large bowl, combine milk and bread crumbs. Add meats, parsley, eggs, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix briefly with hands. Form into 2" balls. Seal a cheese cube into center of each ball. In a large electric skillet set on medium high, heat 1/2" oil until almost smoking. Brown meatballs 1 minute per side. Transfer to paper towel and drain.
Discard oil in pan. Pour tomato sauce into pan; bring to simmer over medium high heat. Add meatballs and simmer until cooked through- about 30 minutes. Uncover; cook 10 minutes more. Serve over pasta with grated cheese.