- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 lb. spaghetti (Barilla No. 5)
- 1 lb. small zucchini, sliced very thinly
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. marjoram or basil (better fresh, 1 Tbsp., chopped)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- Black pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil lg. fry pan over medium heat.
- Saute onion and garlic until they begin to color.
- Increase heat and stir in zucchini.
- Stir in salt to taste and the herb.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine grated cheese, egg yolks and milk.
- Cook and drain spaghetti when al dente.
- Stir spaghetti into pan with zucchini mixture.
- Add egg mixture to pan, stirring rapidly and briefly, until heated through
- Sprinkle with pepper, to taste.
- Pass extra grated parmesan cheese at the table.
NotesYet another way to use up all that zucchini, as the Italians do.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More