- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 lb. spaghetti (Barilla No. 5)
- 1 lb. small zucchini, sliced very thinly
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. marjoram or basil (better fresh, 1 Tbsp., chopped)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- Black pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil lg. fry pan over medium heat.
- Saute onion and garlic until they begin to color.
- Increase heat and stir in zucchini.
- Stir in salt to taste and the herb.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine grated cheese, egg yolks and milk.
- Cook and drain spaghetti when al dente.
- Stir spaghetti into pan with zucchini mixture.
- Add egg mixture to pan, stirring rapidly and briefly, until heated through
- Sprinkle with pepper, to taste.
- Pass extra grated parmesan cheese at the table.
NotesYet another way to use up all that zucchini, as the Italians do.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More