- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Salt, for pasta water
- 1 1/4 pounds ground sirloin
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, eyeball it
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs, a couple of handfuls
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, Parmigiano-Reggiano or Romano cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place a large pot of water on to boil for spaghetti. When it boils, add salt and pasta and cook to al dente.
- Mix beef and Worcestershire, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper. Roll meat into 1 1/2 inch medium-sized meatballs and place on nonstick cookie sheet or a cookie sheet greased with extra-virgin olive oil. Bake balls 10 to 12 minutes, until no longer pink.
- Heat a deep skillet or medium pot over moderate heat. Add oil, crushed pepper, garlic and finely chopped onion. Saute 5 to 7 minutes, until onion bits are soft. Add beef stock, crushed tomatoes, and herbs. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Toss hot, drained pasta with a few ladles of the sauce and grated cheese. Turn meatballs in remaining sauce. Place pasta on dinner plates and top with meatballs and sauce and extra grated cheese. Serve with bread or garlic bread
Watt's Cooking in PA?
The Help Cookbook: Food and Friendship
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More