- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 quarts water
- 2 3/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 lb. uncooked spaghettini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley (fresh), chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 1 cup (4 ounces)parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring 6 quarts water and 2 teaspoons salt to a boil in a large stockpot. Stir in pasta; partially cover, and return to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook 6 minutes or until pasta is almost al dente, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1 cup cooking water.
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes or until fragrant or beginning to turn golden, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, reserved 1 cup cooking water, parsley, and pepper.
- Add pasta to pan, stirring well to coat. Return pan to medium heat; cook 1 minute or until pasta is al dente, tossing to coat. Place 1 cup pasta mixture in each of 8 bowls; sprinkle each serving with 2 tablespoons cheese. Serve immediately.
- Contributor: Cooking Light, December 2004
- Yield: 8 servings
NotesI like to use this quick and easy recipe when I am in the mood for a lighter, faster type of pasta dish, and I always have most of the ingredients on hand to accomplish that. I have also made the addition of shrimp to this recipe as well, I just add the uncooked shrimp into the pasta cooking water and cook them along with the pasta and then proceed with the rest of the recipe as stated.
Contributor: Cooking Light, December 2004
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More