- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 quarts water
- 2 3/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 lb. uncooked spaghettini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley (fresh), chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 1 cup (4 ounces)parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring 6 quarts water and 2 teaspoons salt to a boil in a large stockpot. Stir in pasta; partially cover, and return to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook 6 minutes or until pasta is almost al dente, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1 cup cooking water.
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes or until fragrant or beginning to turn golden, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, reserved 1 cup cooking water, parsley, and pepper.
- Add pasta to pan, stirring well to coat. Return pan to medium heat; cook 1 minute or until pasta is al dente, tossing to coat. Place 1 cup pasta mixture in each of 8 bowls; sprinkle each serving with 2 tablespoons cheese. Serve immediately.
- Contributor: Cooking Light, December 2004
- Yield: 8 servings
NotesI like to use this quick and easy recipe when I am in the mood for a lighter, faster type of pasta dish, and I always have most of the ingredients on hand to accomplish that. I have also made the addition of shrimp to this recipe as well, I just add the uncooked shrimp into the pasta cooking water and cook them along with the pasta and then proceed with the rest of the recipe as stated.
Contributor: Cooking Light, December 2004
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat NecessarySee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More