- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI got this recipe from my former dance teacher who was Greek. This is the best I could remember, she never measured anything :)
You can make the triangles by cutting a package of phyllo in half. Use two strips at a time. With a pastry brush, brush butter over entire strip. Add Spinach mix in the corner and fold over into a triangle. Every time you fold, brush with butter. Enjoy it's my favorite.
- 1 c. diced onion
- 1 tbsp of butter (for saute)
- Butter for Phyllo
- Package of Frozen Spinach (thaw and rinse)
- 8oz of Feta Cheese
- 3/4 c. of Cottage Cheese
- Two Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Dried Parsley
- Salt Pepper Garlic to taste
- 1 Package of Phyllo Dough (only use one of the packages, usually two come in a box)
- In a frying pan, Saute Onion and butter until onions are almost clear.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach (make sure water is drained out completely, squeeze water out), cheese, eggs, Parsley, onion, and spices.
- Mix with hands or with wooden spoon.
- Prepare Phyllo:
- In a cake pan, Overlap phyllo so it goes over the sides of the pan both long ways and short.
- Use 4 sheets at a time.
- Melt butter and with a pastry brush brush over phyllo on each layer.
- Leave 5 phyllo sheets for top.
- Fill pan with mixture, fold over sides and cover with remaining phyllo.
- Cover top with melted butter.
- Not too much though.
- Bake in 350 until phyllo is golden brown.