- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 eggs
- 3 10-oz packages of frozen, chopped spinach, defrosted (ring out any water using cheesecloth or dishrag)
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 8 ounces or more of crumbled feta cheese
- 8 ounces of small curd cottage cheese
- Olive Oil
- 2 bunches of chopped green onions, sauteed
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- Dill, fennel (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
- 1 1-lb box of phyllo pastry
- 1 stick of butter
- In a mixer, beat the eggs until fluffy. Add everything else (except the phyllo dough and butter) gradually, just until mixed.
- Melt the stick of butter. Using a pastry brush, butter a 9×13x3 inch pan.
- Line the bottom of the pan with half the box of phyllo, buttering between each layer. Add spinach filling and spread evenly.
- Top with a little extra crumbled feta, if you have some left.
- Place the remaining phyllo on top, again buttering between each sheet.
- “Baptize” the top with a little water and bake at 350 degrees until brown and crispy on top, approximately 45-50 minutes.
- If the phyllo starts to get too brown, cover with foil.
NotesOriginally published in I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence by Amy Sedaris)
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Broccoli/Bacon/Onion Salad LOW CARB
High-Protein Honey Wheat Bread
Sticky Pecan & Prune Pre-Workout BarsSee More