- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 eggs
- 3 10-oz packages of frozen, chopped spinach, defrosted (ring out any water using cheesecloth or dishrag)
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 8 ounces or more of crumbled feta cheese
- 8 ounces of small curd cottage cheese
- Olive Oil
- 2 bunches of chopped green onions, sauteed
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- Dill, fennel (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
- 1 1-lb box of phyllo pastry
- 1 stick of butter
- In a mixer, beat the eggs until fluffy. Add everything else (except the phyllo dough and butter) gradually, just until mixed.
- Melt the stick of butter. Using a pastry brush, butter a 9×13x3 inch pan.
- Line the bottom of the pan with half the box of phyllo, buttering between each layer. Add spinach filling and spread evenly.
- Top with a little extra crumbled feta, if you have some left.
- Place the remaining phyllo on top, again buttering between each sheet.
- “Baptize” the top with a little water and bake at 350 degrees until brown and crispy on top, approximately 45-50 minutes.
- If the phyllo starts to get too brown, cover with foil.
NotesOriginally published in I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence by Amy Sedaris)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More