SPANGLISH SANDWICH (WORLDS GREATEST SANDWICH)
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3-4 thick slices of bacon
- 2 slices monterey Jack cheese
- 2 slices pain de campagne (rustic country loaf), toasted
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 4 slices tomato
- 2 leaves butter lettuce
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 egg
- 1. Cook the bacon until crisp
- drain on paper towels and set aside
- 2. Place the slices of cheese on one slice of the toasted bread
- and place in a toaster oven or under a broiler to melt the cheese.
- 3. Spread the other slice of toast with the mayonnaise,
- top with cooked bacon, the sliced tomato and the lettuce.
- 4. In a nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Fry the egg, turning over briefly when the bottom is set (keep the yoke runny)
- 5. Slide the finished egg on top of the lettuce.
- top with the other slice of toast, melted cheese side down.
- place the sandwich on a plate and slice in half, letting the yoke run down the sandwich.
- Health information is too depressing to post - if you want to know its posted on this website:
NotesThis is from the movie Spanglish with Adam Sandler (Sony) I haven't tried it yet but keep meaning to.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Blue Cheese And Bacon Cheese Ball
matt's base red sauceSee More