- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Lime wedge
- Granulated Sugar
- 1 oz Bacardi 151 Rum
- 1/2 oz Gran Marnier
- Flamage (a long match or a long spoon)
- 1 1/2 oz Kahlua
- Ground Nutmeg
- Coffee To Fill The Glass
- Thickened (Not Whipped) Cream
- Run a lime wedge lightly around the rim of a coffee glass.
- Dip the rim in granulated sugarsugar.
- Add the 151 and Gran Marnier.
- With a long match, carefully light the liqueurs (this can also be done with a bar spoon, dip spoon in liquor, light spoon then return spoon to glass)
- Swirl the glass to melt the sugar on the rim.
- Sprinkle with Nutmeg (It sparks, it's cool)
- Pour in the Kahlua and then add the coffee to within 1/2 inch of the rim.
- Top with lightly beaten whipped cream (Just enough to thicken it slightly)
- Sprinkle with another pinch of nutmeg.
- Serve immediately.
- Absolutely Delish!!!!
NotesThis is an EXCELLENT dessert coffee drink
Hubers Alex Perez is generally regarded as the Baryshnikov of Spanish Coffee. He has been serving as many as 200 of these flaming drinks a day for 17 years. Hubers (Portland, Oregon)... One of the things I miss... This is my approximation from what I can remember: