- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- caramel sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt sugar in a saucepan over medium low heat until it’s liquefied and golden in color. Pour this syrup into a nine inch round glass baking dish, making sure it evenly coats the bottom and up onto the sides.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, condensed milk, evaporated milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish and cover. If you do not have a cover for your baking dish use aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour and then remove from the heat and let stand to cool completely. After it’s cooled a bit you may want to move it to the refrigerator to speed up the cooling process.
- When you’re ready to serve carefully flip it upside down onto a serving platter. Pour caramel sauce as much as desired, refrigerate for another 5 minutes, and then serve.
NotesI've always had a sweet spot for sweets. This year, my Mexican roommate taught me how to make flan that she learned from her mom. This is an excellent dessert recipe and a delicious excuse to have something sweet for
Cinco de Mayo.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More