- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- caramel sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt sugar in a saucepan over medium low heat until it’s liquefied and golden in color. Pour this syrup into a nine inch round glass baking dish, making sure it evenly coats the bottom and up onto the sides.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, condensed milk, evaporated milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish and cover. If you do not have a cover for your baking dish use aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour and then remove from the heat and let stand to cool completely. After it’s cooled a bit you may want to move it to the refrigerator to speed up the cooling process.
- When you’re ready to serve carefully flip it upside down onto a serving platter. Pour caramel sauce as much as desired, refrigerate for another 5 minutes, and then serve.
NotesI've always had a sweet spot for sweets. This year, my Mexican roommate taught me how to make flan that she learned from her mom. This is an excellent dessert recipe and a delicious excuse to have something sweet for
Cinco de Mayo.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Fun appetizers and snacks
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More