- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 5-6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 medium Russet potatoes, thinly sliced and lightly salted
- 1/2 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup Saucy Mama Sante Fe Creamy Chipotle Dressing
- 5 large eggs
- Heat 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil in a 10 inch non-stick skillet over medium high heat; reduce heat to medium and carefully add the sliced potatoes. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes have softened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- In the mean time, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in another 10 inch skillet over medium high heat. Lower the heat to medium and add the chopped onion. Sauté for about 5 minutes, or until softened but not browned. Add the chopped tomatoes and continue to cook until the tomatoes are soft, another 8-10 minutes. Lower the heat to simmer and stir in the chipotle dressing. Heat through and remove from heat.
- Break the eggs into a large mixing bowl. Add a pinch of salt and, using a whisk, beat the eggs until frothy. Carefully pour the potatoes into the eggs, reserving the pan for the omelette, and stir until well mixed.
- Add an additional tablespoon of oil to the reserved pan and reheat. Pour the egg and potato mixture into the pan, reducing the heat to medium. Cook the eggs, shaking the pan frequently, until the eggs are half set. Cover the pan with a large plate and carefully flip the omelette onto the plate. Add additional oil to the pan, if needed and slide the omelette back into the pan with the uncooked side down. Cook until entirely set, about 5 minutes more. Allow the omelette to cool slightly before cutting into wedges. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the tomato sauce over each wedge before serving. The omelette may be served warm or at room temperature.
NotesSaucy Mama--a line of delicious mustards, sauces and marinades--invited 50 bloggers to create recipes using a total of only 5 ingredients (oil, salt and pepper were free) including a Saucy Mama product. This is one of my entries into the Fabulous with Five contest.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More