- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 2 ½ cups uncooked white rice
- * 6 cups of chicken broth
- * 3 garlic cloves, diced
- * ½ teaspoon parsley
- * ½ teaspoon curry powder
- * 1 teaspoon saffron
- * ½ teaspoon salt
- * ¼ teaspoon pepper
- * ¼ cup oil
- * 1 onion, diced
- * 1 green pepper, diced
- * 1 red pepper, diced
- * 3 pounds chicken, diced
- * 2 cups peeled shrimp, diced
- * 2 cups lobster meat, diced
- * ½ pound clams in shell
- * ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- * 1 cup green peas
- * 1 (2 ounce) can mussels
- * 2 tomatoes, diced peeled and deseeded
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil, once boiling scoop out a half cup of the fluid. Cover the rest of the chicken broth and reduce the heat to low.
- Into the half cup of chicken broth mix the garlic, parsley, curry powder, saffron, salt and pepper until thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in the paella pan over medium high heat and cook the onion and red and green pepper until the onion is lightly browned, then add the chicken, shrimp, lobster and clams. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the seasoning liquid and the rest of the hot chicken stock and the rice. Simmer until the rice is tender.
- Finally add the mushrooms, peas, mussels and tomatoes and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
NotesMany people make traditional Italian meals to celebrate Columbus Day in honor of Christopher Columbus’s homeland, but why not add a little twist to that and celebrate the King and Queen of Spain who decided to fund this voyage.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Adventures in Cooking
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More