SPANISH PORK CHOPS AND RICE
- Servings: 5
- 5 pork chops
- 2T vegetable oil
- 3/4t salt
- 1t MSG (optional)
- 1/2t chili powder (to taste)
- 1/4t ground cumin (optional)
- 1/8t black pepper
- 3/4c uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2c chopped onion
- 1/2c chopped green pepper
- 1 1 lb 12 oz can stewed tomatoes (3 1/2 cups)
Brown chops in oil 15 minutes.
Combine salt MSG, chili powder, and pepper. Sprinkle half the mixture over the chops.
Add rice, onions, green pepper.
Pour tomatoes over all and add remainder of spice mixture.
Cover and cook over low heat 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Check and cook until rice and meat are tender and rice is just moist.