Spanish Rice a la Eti
Raw rice (1 cup dry equals about 3 cups cooked)
2 oz tomato sauce for each cup of raw rice
1 tsp chicken boullion for each cup of raw rice
1 cup of water for each cup of raw rice
Salt to taste
Optional add-ins: diced potatoes, corn, diced tomatoes, peas
1. Heat 2-4 Tbsp oil in a pan, add rice and stir until brown.
2. Add tomato sauce and salt to taste.
3. Add water and boullion, stir.
4. Bring to a boil, lower heat to simmer. Cook uncovered until liquid is absorbed.
5. Turn off heat, stir, and cover pan. Keep covered until ready to serve.
Pairs Well With
I used to work in a rural ER, where the staff consisted of a physician, two RNs, and a tech. I got this recipe from a tech who was from South America. My daughter is picky about the Spanish rice she eats, and she loves this one.