- Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes
- Servings: Varied
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Raw rice (1 cup dry equals about 3 cups cooked)
- 2 oz tomato sauce for each cup of raw rice
- 1 tsp chicken boullion for each cup of raw rice
- 1 cup of water for each cup of raw rice
- Salt to taste
- Optional add-ins: diced potatoes, corn, diced tomatoes, peas
- 1. Heat 2-4 Tbsp oil in a pan, add rice and stir until brown.
- 2. Add tomato sauce and salt to taste.
- 3. Add water and boullion, stir.
- 4. Bring to a boil, lower heat to simmer. Cook uncovered until liquid is absorbed.
- 5. Turn off heat, stir, and cover pan. Keep covered until ready to serve.
NotesI used to work in a rural ER, where the staff consisted of a physician, two RNs, and a tech. I got this recipe from a tech who was from South America. My daughter is picky about the Spanish rice she eats, and she loves this one.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More