- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryAnother great idea for leftover holiday turkey (in case you're tired of turkey sandwiches and pot pies). This comes together in a snap. This recipe is straight from Cook's Illustrated, though as you can see you can swap certain ingredients as you so choose.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp sherry or balsamic vinegar
- 10 oz jarred roasted red peppers, drained and diced medium (approx 1 1/3 cups)
- 1 small garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1 small shallot, minced (approx 2 tbsp)
- 3 tbsp minced fresh parsley leaves
- 2 celery ribs, sliced very thin
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pitted green olives
- 5 cups shredded roast turkey, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Puree oil, vinegar, 2/3 cup roasted red peppers, garlic, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper in blender until smooth. Transfer to bowl.
- Add shallot, parsley, celery, olives, and remaining 2/3 cup red peppers to vinaigrette; stir to combine.
- Add turkey and toss gently to combine; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes to meld flavors.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and sprinkle with almonds.
- Serve immediately.