- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp sherry or balsamic vinegar
- 10 oz jarred roasted red peppers, drained and diced medium (approx 1 1/3 cups)
- 1 small garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1 small shallot, minced (approx 2 tbsp)
- 3 tbsp minced fresh parsley leaves
- 2 celery ribs, sliced very thin
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pitted green olives
- 5 cups shredded roast turkey, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Puree oil, vinegar, 2/3 cup roasted red peppers, garlic, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper in blender until smooth. Transfer to bowl.
- Add shallot, parsley, celery, olives, and remaining 2/3 cup red peppers to vinaigrette; stir to combine.
- Add turkey and toss gently to combine; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes to meld flavors.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and sprinkle with almonds.
- Serve immediately.
NotesAnother great idea for leftover holiday turkey (in case you're tired of turkey sandwiches and pot pies). This comes together in a snap. This recipe is straight from Cook's Illustrated, though as you can see you can swap certain ingredients as you so choose.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Ravioli
Chicken Tacos with Green Chili Adobo
Fish Cakes (Thai) with Herd & Peanut SaladSee More