- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp sherry or balsamic vinegar
- 10 oz jarred roasted red peppers, drained and diced medium (approx 1 1/3 cups)
- 1 small garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1 small shallot, minced (approx 2 tbsp)
- 3 tbsp minced fresh parsley leaves
- 2 celery ribs, sliced very thin
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pitted green olives
- 5 cups shredded roast turkey, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Puree oil, vinegar, 2/3 cup roasted red peppers, garlic, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper in blender until smooth. Transfer to bowl.
- Add shallot, parsley, celery, olives, and remaining 2/3 cup red peppers to vinaigrette; stir to combine.
- Add turkey and toss gently to combine; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes to meld flavors.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and sprinkle with almonds.
- Serve immediately.
NotesAnother great idea for leftover holiday turkey (in case you're tired of turkey sandwiches and pot pies). This comes together in a snap. This recipe is straight from Cook's Illustrated, though as you can see you can swap certain ingredients as you so choose.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More