- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 16 oz. ground meatless (I liked Boca's version)
- 11 oz. can of white corn (salt-free)
- 4 cups water
- 18 oz. tomato paste (salt-free)
- 16 oz. chunky salsa
- 1 1/2 cup instant rice
- shredded ff cheese, ff sour cream, jalapenos (optional)
- Put meatless, corn, water, paste, salsa and rice into large skillet/dutch oven over med. heat, stirring constantly until well mixed.
- Bring to boil. Cover, turn off heat, and let mixture simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Divide between 4 bowls and add condiments.
NotesFrom Busy People's Low-fat Cookbook by Dawn Hall
*I also recommend halving or quartering this recipe. It seemed bland to me, so we added chili powder, garlic powder and cayenne.
Serve with cornbread :)