- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 16 oz. ground meatless (I liked Boca's version)
- 11 oz. can of white corn (salt-free)
- 4 cups water
- 18 oz. tomato paste (salt-free)
- 16 oz. chunky salsa
- 1 1/2 cup instant rice
- shredded ff cheese, ff sour cream, jalapenos (optional)
- Put meatless, corn, water, paste, salsa and rice into large skillet/dutch oven over med. heat, stirring constantly until well mixed.
- Bring to boil. Cover, turn off heat, and let mixture simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Divide between 4 bowls and add condiments.
NotesFrom Busy People's Low-fat Cookbook by Dawn Hall
*I also recommend halving or quartering this recipe. It seemed bland to me, so we added chili powder, garlic powder and cayenne.
Serve with cornbread :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More