- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1⅓ lbs spare ribs
- 4 cups water
- 3 tbsp Shaoshing wine
- 2 slices ginger
- 1 spring onion
- 2 teaspoons coarser salt
- 2½ tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp wine
- Cut spare ribs into 2 or 3 big portions that are small enough to put inside a saucepan.
- Parboil spare ribs in boiling water for 7 minutes.
- Remove, rinse and wash, then set aside.
- Boil Shaoshing wine, ginger, spring onion, coarser salt, fish sauce, sugar and vinegar in a saucepan.
- Add spare ribs and bring to boil.
- Then simmer over low heat for about 40 minutes.
- Test the tenderness of meat by pricking with chopstick.
- Cut into pieces and dish on a big bowl.
- Discard ginger and spring onion.
- Then remove excess fats from sauce.
- Add in 3 tablespoons of wine and bring to boil.
- Pour wine sauce over spare ribs.
- Soak for at least 2 hours, covered (it is better to soak for 6 hours).
- Cool aside and chill in the refrigerator.
- Serve hot or cold.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More