- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1⅓ lbs spare ribs
- 4 cups water
- 3 tbsp Shaoshing wine
- 2 slices ginger
- 1 spring onion
- 2 teaspoons coarser salt
- 2½ tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp wine
- Cut spare ribs into 2 or 3 big portions that are small enough to put inside a saucepan.
- Parboil spare ribs in boiling water for 7 minutes.
- Remove, rinse and wash, then set aside.
- Boil Shaoshing wine, ginger, spring onion, coarser salt, fish sauce, sugar and vinegar in a saucepan.
- Add spare ribs and bring to boil.
- Then simmer over low heat for about 40 minutes.
- Test the tenderness of meat by pricking with chopstick.
- Cut into pieces and dish on a big bowl.
- Discard ginger and spring onion.
- Then remove excess fats from sauce.
- Add in 3 tablespoons of wine and bring to boil.
- Pour wine sauce over spare ribs.
- Soak for at least 2 hours, covered (it is better to soak for 6 hours).
- Cool aside and chill in the refrigerator.
- Serve hot or cold.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
The Italian Exchange
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More