- Cooking Time: 7-9
- Servings: 2 dozen
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- yellow food coloring
- 1 tube yellow frosting
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Candy heart sprinkles
- In a medium bowl, sift flour and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, whipping cream, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Stir flour mixture into butter mixture until a stiff dough forms. Knead in yellow food coloring until blended.
- Wrap dough in waxed paper and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a chick cookie cutter, cut out shapes. Place shapes on ungreased baking sheets using a small spoon, sprinkle cutouts with yellow sugar.
- Bake cookies until set, 7-9 minutes. Place baking sheets on wire racks; cool slightly. Transfer cookies to rack; cool completely.
- Using yellow frosting fitted with a small writing tip, pipe outlines on cookies; pipe on wings.
- Place candy heart sprinkles on beaks. Place melted chocolate in a resealable plastic bag; snip off one corner. Pipe on eyes.
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More