- Cooking Time: 7-9
- Servings: 2 dozen
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- yellow food coloring
- 1 tube yellow frosting
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Candy heart sprinkles
- In a medium bowl, sift flour and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, whipping cream, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Stir flour mixture into butter mixture until a stiff dough forms. Knead in yellow food coloring until blended.
- Wrap dough in waxed paper and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a chick cookie cutter, cut out shapes. Place shapes on ungreased baking sheets using a small spoon, sprinkle cutouts with yellow sugar.
- Bake cookies until set, 7-9 minutes. Place baking sheets on wire racks; cool slightly. Transfer cookies to rack; cool completely.
- Using yellow frosting fitted with a small writing tip, pipe outlines on cookies; pipe on wings.
- Place candy heart sprinkles on beaks. Place melted chocolate in a resealable plastic bag; snip off one corner. Pipe on eyes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
The Italian Exchange
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More