- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24-36
- Preparation Time:
- 5 cups Special-K cereal
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Place cereal in large bowl and set aside.
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in medium sized heavy saucepan. Heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture just comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter.
- Pour mixture over cereal and carefully stir with a rubber spatula.
- Spread mixture in a 9x13 pan. Sprinkle the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips evenly over the top. Place in a 300 degree oven for just a few minutes until chips are soft.* Use a knife or spatula to spread chips together and frost bars.
- Allow frosting to set, and cut into 24 to 36 bars.
- *Alternately, melt the chips together over low heat or in microwave and then spread over bars. I like the less messy route.
NotesThese bars were a hit long before Special-K cereal began marketing its low calorie versions. Don't slouch on the ingredients as they are best savored in their full-fat, full-sugared state.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More