- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 4 pork chops or cutlets, 1 to 1-1/2" thick
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 Tbl soy sauce
- 2 Tbl ketchup
- grated zest of one lemon
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Spray a casserole dish, large enough to accomodate meat, with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place meat in casserole; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients and pour over meat in casserole.
- Bake for 1 hour.
NotesI clipped this recipe from an old issue of my local newspaper, “The Courier”, back I the 80’s. It was submitted by a woman named Marilyn Lockwood, from Beverly, MA. I just tried it for the first time this week, and it’s good enough to share; the meat was very tender, and the sauce was great over rice. Next time, I’ll brown the chops before proceeding with the recipe, just for aesthetics. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More