- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 4 pork chops or cutlets, 1 to 1-1/2" thick
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 Tbl soy sauce
- 2 Tbl ketchup
- grated zest of one lemon
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Spray a casserole dish, large enough to accomodate meat, with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place meat in casserole; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients and pour over meat in casserole.
- Bake for 1 hour.
NotesI clipped this recipe from an old issue of my local newspaper, “The Courier”, back I the 80’s. It was submitted by a woman named Marilyn Lockwood, from Beverly, MA. I just tried it for the first time this week, and it’s good enough to share; the meat was very tender, and the sauce was great over rice. Next time, I’ll brown the chops before proceeding with the recipe, just for aesthetics. Enjoy!