- Cooking Time: 20-25
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 thick cut slices of bacon
- 25 grams of butter
- 1 Put a bit of salt on the bacon and leave for a few minutes. I often forget to put the salt on it and I suspect you can do without as well if you don't like salt
- 2 Smear the mustard on both sides of the bacon
- 3 Put the slices in a dry skillet and start frying, first on a low heat and as soon as the fat comes out turn the heat a bit higher to medium heat. Fry about ten minutes each side until brown and crunchy.
- 4 Take the slices out and keep warm
- 5 Put the butter in the skillet with the fat from the bacon and mix well
- 6 Pour a part of it over the bacon and serve the remaining at the side
- 7 Serve with cabbage and mashed potatoes/potatomash
NotesThis is a simply straight-forward way of frying bacon, but the use of mustard makes it Frisian. I've never fried bacon in another way, so I'm beginning to understand why the butchers in Leiden are surprised when I turn down their carefully marinated slices of bacon and ask for the ones without.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More