- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Mix together flour, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Layer ingredients in the following order into a 1 quart, wide mouth canning jar: Flour mixture, raisins, rolled oats, brown sugar, and white sugar. It will be a tight fit, make sure you firmly pack down each layer before adding the next layer.
- Attach a tag with the following instructions: Oatmeal Raisin Spice Cookies 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. 2. Empty jar of cookie mix into large mixing bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly mix. 3. Mix in 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened. Stir in one slightly beaten egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Mix until completely blended. You will need to finish mixing with your hands. Shape into balls the size of walnuts. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheets 2 inches apart. 4. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes in preheated oven, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet. Transfer cookies to wire racks to finish cooling.
NotesThese are perfect for Christmas Party Gifts to the hostess.
Backstory: I got this recipe off of www.allrecipes.com. a few years ago. It's extememly easy to make and a perfect gift idea!
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Mom's Cooking Secrets
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More