- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Mix together flour, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Layer ingredients in the following order into a 1 quart, wide mouth canning jar: Flour mixture, raisins, rolled oats, brown sugar, and white sugar. It will be a tight fit, make sure you firmly pack down each layer before adding the next layer.
- Attach a tag with the following instructions: Oatmeal Raisin Spice Cookies 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. 2. Empty jar of cookie mix into large mixing bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly mix. 3. Mix in 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened. Stir in one slightly beaten egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Mix until completely blended. You will need to finish mixing with your hands. Shape into balls the size of walnuts. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheets 2 inches apart. 4. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes in preheated oven, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet. Transfer cookies to wire racks to finish cooling.
NotesThese are perfect for Christmas Party Gifts to the hostess.
Backstory: I got this recipe off of www.allrecipes.com. a few years ago. It's extememly easy to make and a perfect gift idea!
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Olive's Deep Dish Strawberry Rhubarb Pie: Pushing Daisies
Sesame Snow PeasSee More