SPICE RUB AND MOP FOR GRILLED SPICE RUB STEAKS
Spice Rub and Mop for Grilled Spice Rub Steaks
- Servings: coats approx 5lbs steak
- Spice Rub and Mop for Grilled Spice Rub Steaks
- For dry rub
- * 1/2 cup paprika
- * 3 tablespoons ground black pepper
- * 3 tablespoons coarse salt
- * 3 tablespoons sugar
- * 2 tablespoons chili powder
- For mop
- * 12 ounces beer
- * 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- * 1/2 cup water
- * 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- * 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- * 2 tablespoons minced jalapeño chilies (optional)
- - Show quoted text -
I usually coat the steaks (Tri Tips about the size of cubes of butter work great) the day before grilling.
Baste steaks with mop as they grill. Grill to personal taste. We like ours medium rare.
Great served with grilled asparagus (lightly cover in olive oil then toss with fresh lemon and salt)
Note: this is a kid friendly recipe - kids love it!