- Cooking Time:
- Servings: coats approx 5lbs steak
- Preparation Time:
- Spice Rub and Mop for Grilled Spice Rub Steaks
- For dry rub
- * 1/2 cup paprika
- * 3 tablespoons ground black pepper
- * 3 tablespoons coarse salt
- * 3 tablespoons sugar
- * 2 tablespoons chili powder
- For mop
- * 12 ounces beer
- * 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- * 1/2 cup water
- * 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- * 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- * 2 tablespoons minced jalapeño chilies (optional)
- - Show quoted text -
- I usually coat the steaks (Tri Tips about the size of cubes of butter work great) the day before grilling.
- Baste steaks with mop as they grill. Grill to personal taste. We like ours medium rare.
- Great served with grilled asparagus (lightly cover in olive oil then toss with fresh lemon and salt)
- Note: this is a kid friendly recipe - kids love it!
NotesYears ago I came a across a rub recipe for a whole beef brisket in Bon Appetit. We have used the rub and mop from that recipe on tri tips. It is incredible! We always come back to it. Hardly ever grill anything else for a party - it's always a hit.
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More