- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs baby carrots, peeled, trimmed, leaving 1/2 inch of green tops attached
- 2 tablespoons h20
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, diced
- 2 garlic gloves, thinly sliced
- 1 small jalapeno (preferably red), seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ancho chile powder
- 1.2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp coarse kosher salt
- 2 1- to 1 1/4-pound pork tenderloins
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ancho chile powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp coarse kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Arrange coarrots on large rimmed baking sheet.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons water and all remaining ingredients in small bowl; pour over carrots and toss to coat.
- Cover tightly with heavy-duty foil. Can be made 2 hours ahead.
- Pork: Preheat oven to 400F.
- Roast carrot mixture covered until just tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange pork tenderloins on another rimmed baking sheet.
- Stir oregano, cumin, chile powder, smoked paprika, and 1 tsp coarse salt in small bowl; rub mixture all over tenderloins.
- Heat oil in heavy large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork to skillet and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Return to rimmed baking sheet.
- Remove foil from carrots.
- Nestle pork among carrots on baking sheet, arranging carrots in single layer around pork.
- Roast uncovered until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of pork registers 145F, stirring carrots occasionally if beginning to caramelize, about 18 minutes.
- Let rest 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer pork to work surface.
- Cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Arrange carrots on platter.
- Top with pork slices, drizzling any pan juices over.
NotesPork + me = not so much, but it was such a pretty presentation and hubby loved it, and the carrots were darling and delish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!See More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More