- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time: 5
- 2 (12-ounce) bags frozen blueberries
- One (1 3/4-ounce) packet dry pectin
- 1/4 teaspoon star anise, ground fine
- 10 to 20 grinds fresh nutmeg (or 1/4 teaspoon pre-ground)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons (2 1/2 ounces) cider vinegar
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Place blueberries in saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Sprinkle with pectin followed by the anise, nutmeg, lemon juice and vinegar.
- Once liquid starts to gather in bottom of pan, increase the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat slightly and boil gently for five minutes occasionally mashing mixture.
- Mash in sugar, add the water and return to a boil for 1 minute.
- You just made jam. Cool, jar, refrigerate and enjoy within 2 weeks.
NotesA delicious blueberry jam with a spicy kick!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Mom's Cooking Secrets
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More