- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time: 5
- 2 (12-ounce) bags frozen blueberries
- One (1 3/4-ounce) packet dry pectin
- 1/4 teaspoon star anise, ground fine
- 10 to 20 grinds fresh nutmeg (or 1/4 teaspoon pre-ground)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons (2 1/2 ounces) cider vinegar
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Place blueberries in saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Sprinkle with pectin followed by the anise, nutmeg, lemon juice and vinegar.
- Once liquid starts to gather in bottom of pan, increase the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat slightly and boil gently for five minutes occasionally mashing mixture.
- Mash in sugar, add the water and return to a boil for 1 minute.
- You just made jam. Cool, jar, refrigerate and enjoy within 2 weeks.
NotesA delicious blueberry jam with a spicy kick!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms
Spicy Chicken Ranch Hot Dip
Big Matt's babyback ribsSee More