- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 125 g Veg. Butter (Magarine)
- 2 dl(deci litres (or the volume of 200 ml)) Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 3 1/2 dl Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cloves powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder (Preferably Cadburys)
- 1 1/2 dl cold fresh Milk
- 1/3 - 1 dl Raisins (Sunmaid
- Mix sugar and butter, add egg and beat light. Sift the flour in a bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients with it. Add them and milk stiring as little as possible, just enough to combine all without leaving lumps.
- Put in a greased and flour dusted Gugelhupf form, evening the dough.
- Bake at 175°C for 50 - 60 min, or until the kitchen is filled with a great smell and a needle comes out clean when stuck in the cake.
- As a child I loved this cake with a glass of ice cold milk, but I can´t wait to try it with my grown up favourite drink, The Latte :)
NotesThis is the first cake I ever baked all by myself, then at the age of 12. I somehow lost this recipie but thankfully found it again when going through old stuff. So I just had to put it in here so I wouldn´t loose it again, as it is really delicious! So here it is.
PS. I´m sure it looks great in the "American Star" cake bundt from Sur La Table :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More