- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 125 g Veg. Butter (Magarine)
- 2 dl(deci litres (or the volume of 200 ml)) Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 3 1/2 dl Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cloves powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder (Preferably Cadburys)
- 1 1/2 dl cold fresh Milk
- 1/3 - 1 dl Raisins (Sunmaid
- Mix sugar and butter, add egg and beat light. Sift the flour in a bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients with it. Add them and milk stiring as little as possible, just enough to combine all without leaving lumps.
- Put in a greased and flour dusted Gugelhupf form, evening the dough.
- Bake at 175°C for 50 - 60 min, or until the kitchen is filled with a great smell and a needle comes out clean when stuck in the cake.
- As a child I loved this cake with a glass of ice cold milk, but I can´t wait to try it with my grown up favourite drink, The Latte :)
NotesThis is the first cake I ever baked all by myself, then at the age of 12. I somehow lost this recipie but thankfully found it again when going through old stuff. So I just had to put it in here so I wouldn´t loose it again, as it is really delicious! So here it is.
PS. I´m sure it looks great in the "American Star" cake bundt from Sur La Table :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Italy or BustSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More