- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups Roasted Butternut Squash (Cook at 400 degrees for 45 minutes - Until soft)
- 4 oz Mascarpone (Although Ricotta will work)
- 3 TB Parmagiano-Reggiano
- 3 TB Panko (ground fine)
- 1/2 tsp Sage (You knew it had to be in there somewhere)
- 1/4 tsp Ceylon Cinnamon (or 1/8 tsp Saigon - Keep it light)
- 1/8 tsp Mace
- 1/8 tsp Chipotle powder (Just a little heat - Cayenne would work, but it's missing the smokiness)
- 1/4 tsp plus a pinch Salt
- 1/4 tsp finely ground black pepper
- 36 Wonton Wrappers
- Walnut Garnish:
- 1/4 cup walnuts roughly chopped
- 1 TB Butter
- Blue Apple Sauce:
- 3 TB Butter
- 1 TB Shallot; finely minced
- 3 TB Flour
- 1/2 tsp Dried Tarragon; Crushed
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Juice (You can use apple cider if you like)
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 3 oz Gorgonzola; crumbled
- Simply mix everything together with a fork until homogeneous .
- I like to do this as quick as possible, so I lay out as many wonton wrappers as possible on my work surface.
- Use a small 2 tsp scoop, and drop scoops onto the center of each wrapper.
- Working fast, use a pastry brush to apply water to 2 of the sides.
- Fold over and, starting with the point, begin pressing the edges together and trying to remove as much air as possible so they do not explode while cooking.
- Lay finished raviolis on a baking sheet that has been dusted with cornstarch, to keep them from sticking together.....
- Cover baking sheet with plastic wrap and refrigerate until water is ready.
- Walnut Garnish:
- While water is coming to a boil, heat butter in a small skillet just until foam subsides, add walnuts and stir to coat, cook until butter begins to brown slightly and walnuts are fragrant.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Blue Apple Sauce.
- In a small saucepan melt butter with shallots, sweating for about 2 minutes.
- Add Flour and cook roux with shallots until light brown.
- Add Chicken Stock and Apple juice.
- Whisk until smooth and cook until thick and bubbly.
- Add Heavy cream and blue cheese, stiring until melted.
- Remove from heat and cover to keep warm, or leave over ultra-low heat so it doesn;t scorch.
- Cook and plate
- Cook raviolis in salted, gently boiling water until they float.
- Move 6-8 raviolis from water to each plate with a skimmer,
- Drizzle with blue apple sauce and sprinkle with browned butter walnuts.
NotesOK, My back story got dumped when I got kicked off the system :( Anywho.... This was my entry for BakeSpace Challenge 9 - Squash....
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More