- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryCreate simply delicious spiced walnut snacks and appetizers. Adjust the ingredients to create savory, hot or sweet delights. Source: Walnut Marketing Board. Nutrition Information per Serving: 250 Calories, 5g Protein, 18g Carbohydrates, 2.6g Fiber, 20g Total Fat, 1.9g Saturated Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 8.1mg Sodium, 2.7g Omega-3, 11.4 Omega-6, 66% Calories from fat, 26% Calories from carbs
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp. water
- 2 cups California walnut halves and pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- Preheat oven to 225°F and line a large shallow baking pan with foil.
- Combine the egg white and water. Beat until foamy.
- Add the walnuts and toss to coat.
- Pour the mixture into a strainer and let drain 2-3 minutes.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and allspice in a plastic or paper bag, shaking the bag to mix.
- Add the walnuts; hold the bag shut and shake vigorously to coat the nuts.
- Spread nuts in one layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely, stirring occasionally and breaking nuts apart if stuck together. Don’t worry if they stick to the foil, it is easy to peel them off.
- Store in a tightly-capped jar.