- Cooking Time: 25 min.
- Preparation Time: 25 min.
- 6 cups peeled, chopped peaches
- 1 package powdered fruit pectin
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Combine pectin and 1/4 cup of the sugar in a small bowl.
- Place peaches in a large, heavy bottomed pot over medium high heat.
- Stir in pectin mixture and bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add in remaining sugars and spices, return to a rolling boil.
- Mash with a potato masher or immersion blender while cooking for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir for 5 minutes.
- Pour immediately into hot sterilized jars, wipe rims with a clean cloth, and seal tightly.
- Place jars in a canner or large pot over high heat, pour in hot water to cover jars by an inch or two.
- Boil for 10 minutes, then remove to cool.
- Any jars that are not sealed (press down on tops, they should not bend! Or listen for the Plink! sound as they seal) must be refrigerated and eaten within the month.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More