- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- Wash cranberries and drain; set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Add cranberries; cook 7 minutes or until cranberry skins pop.
- Reduce heat, and simmer mixture 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove mixture from heat, and allow to cool. Chill until ready to serve.
NotesA family favorite for many years, once you try homemade cranberry sauce you'll never use canned again