- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: Who knows?
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Shelled Pecans (2lbs)
- Egg Whites (6-8)
- Water (1 cup)
- Pure Cane Sugar (superfine*)
- Cinnamon (eyeball it)
- Ginger (eyeball it)
- Cardamom (eyeball it)
- Chili Power (eyeball it)
- Salt (2 tbsp)
- *If you can't find superfine sugar, take regular grade and process in a food processor for1 minute.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Toss pecans in egg whites, water, and salt.
- Place pecans in a colander and let drain. Shake for encouragement.
- Combine sugar with spices and toss with pecans.
- Place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Don't be afraid to spread your pecans out.
- Bake for 45 - 60 minutes, or longer, depending on how crispy you like them. Pecans should develop a crunchy, almost fried-like texture.
NotesAh, the world of spiced pecans. Come Fall and Winter in Arkansas, kitchens are inundated with local pecans. I must have logged twenty hours or so shelling pecan after pecan, but such tedious work is part of the cultural flavor. Plus, the payoff is several pounds of crunchy, sweet, salty pecan treats for the Holidays. And a feeling of authenticity.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More