- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions (about 4)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine first 4 ingredients.
- Stir together remaining ingredients in a small bowl until blended, then pour over tomato mixture; toss to coat.
- Chill 1 hour.
NotesWe loved this flavorful summer recipe from the latest issue of Cooking Light. It can be prepared up to two days in advance--the tomatoes will take on more flavor the longer they marinate. I used grape tomatoes, rather than cherry, and substituted white wine vinegar for the white balsamic. If you prefer a milder heat, you will want to seed the pepper.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More