SPICED PEACH PRESERVES
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 6 c. ripe fresh peaches, peeled and pitted
- 1 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-grated nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 4 oz. liquid fruit pectin
- 1. In large pot, combine peaches, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Over medium high heat, bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Let boil for 15 minutes, or until peaches have been crushed into smaller pieces.
- 2. Turn heat up to high and bring to rolling boil. Add fruit pectin, stirring constantly, and bring back to a rolling boil. Let boil for one full minute, stirring constantly, until starting to thicken.
- 3. Remove from heat, skim foam from top, and ladle into prepared jars.
- 4. If canning, fill jars with preserves, leaving 1/4-inch head room, and boil for 10 minutes to prepare. May be stored for up to a year.
- 5. If not canning, pour into jars, seal and let cool completely. Place in refrigerator and enjoy for up to two weeks.
NotesMake summer's best peaches last past the peak season.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Award - Winning Tortilla SoupSee More