- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 1/2 c. peaches (or nectarines) peeled and finely chopped
- 1 box low sugar pectin
- 2 T. ginger
- 1 T. cloves
- 1 T. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 1 c. water
- 3/4 to 1 c. sugar (to taste)
- Put chopped peaches in a large saucepan and add the pectin, spices, lemon juice, and water. Bring to a full boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add the sugar and return to a full boil.
- Boil 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Skim off foam and ladle into washed jars (I use old glass mayonnaise jars and the like).
- Let cool.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
NotesThis recipe is just something I made up one day because I thought it would taste good. I have been told that there is a way to get this to gel without the pectin, but so far I've had no such luck.
This will keep for a very long time; we've had a jar in the refrigerator for almost a year and it's still good.
A Falcon Feast
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More