- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 1/2 c. peaches (or nectarines) peeled and finely chopped
- 1 box low sugar pectin
- 2 T. ginger
- 1 T. cloves
- 1 T. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 1 c. water
- 3/4 to 1 c. sugar (to taste)
- Put chopped peaches in a large saucepan and add the pectin, spices, lemon juice, and water. Bring to a full boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add the sugar and return to a full boil.
- Boil 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Skim off foam and ladle into washed jars (I use old glass mayonnaise jars and the like).
- Let cool.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
NotesThis recipe is just something I made up one day because I thought it would taste good. I have been told that there is a way to get this to gel without the pectin, but so far I've had no such luck.
This will keep for a very long time; we've had a jar in the refrigerator for almost a year and it's still good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More