- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 1/2 c. peaches (or nectarines) peeled and finely chopped
- 1 box low sugar pectin
- 2 T. ginger
- 1 T. cloves
- 1 T. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 1 c. water
- 3/4 to 1 c. sugar (to taste)
- Put chopped peaches in a large saucepan and add the pectin, spices, lemon juice, and water. Bring to a full boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add the sugar and return to a full boil.
- Boil 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Skim off foam and ladle into washed jars (I use old glass mayonnaise jars and the like).
- Let cool.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
NotesThis recipe is just something I made up one day because I thought it would taste good. I have been told that there is a way to get this to gel without the pectin, but so far I've had no such luck.
This will keep for a very long time; we've had a jar in the refrigerator for almost a year and it's still good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More