- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 c. pecans, toasted, cooled
- 3 T brown sugar
- 2 T. unsalted brown sugar, melted
- 1/4 t. ground cinnamon
- 3 8-oz pgks. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 t. finely grated lemon peel
- 4 large eggs
- 1 15-oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 c. plain whole milk yogurt
- 2 T. flour
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 3/4 t. ground ginger
- 1/4 t. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 t. ground cloves
- Large pinch of salt
- 1 c. packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 c. whipping cream
- 6 T. unsalted butter
- 1/4 c. light corn syrup
- 1/2 t. salt
- 3 to 4 T. bourbon
- 1 1 2/ c. pecans, toasted, cooled
- For crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter 9-inch springform pan with 2 3/4- inch-high sides.
- Grind first 4 ingredients in processor until nut mixture sticks together.
- Press evenly onto bottom of pan.
- Bake crust until golden, about 15 min.
- Cool completely.
- Wrap outside of pan tightly in triple layers of heavy-duty foil.
- For Filling:
- Using mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon peel in large bowl until smooth.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- Then add pumpkin, yogurt, flour, manill, spices, and salt.
- Pour into pan.
- Set springform pan in roasting pan.
- Pour enough hot water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of cheesecake.
- Place in oven.
- Bake until outer 3 inches puff slightly and center is softly set, about 1 hour and 15 min.
- Cook in water bath 30 min.
- Remove from water, Cut around sides of cake to loosen.
- Refrigerate in pan until cold, about 4 hours.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- For Sauce:
- Bring sugar, cream, butter, corn syrup and salt to boil in deep medium sauce pan.
- Whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Boil 1 min. without stirring.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in bourbon, then pecans.
- Cool, stirring occationally.
- To Serve:
- Remove foil from cake.
- Cut around pan sides;
- remove sides
- Cut cheesecake in wedges
- Spoon sauce over.
NotesYou have to do a little planning for this one but you'll be rewarded. By far, this is one the most delicious things I have ever made.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
Best of Eva's Family RecipesSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More