- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 c. pecans, toasted, cooled
- 3 T brown sugar
- 2 T. unsalted brown sugar, melted
- 1/4 t. ground cinnamon
- 3 8-oz pgks. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 t. finely grated lemon peel
- 4 large eggs
- 1 15-oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 c. plain whole milk yogurt
- 2 T. flour
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 3/4 t. ground ginger
- 1/4 t. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 t. ground cloves
- Large pinch of salt
- 1 c. packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 c. whipping cream
- 6 T. unsalted butter
- 1/4 c. light corn syrup
- 1/2 t. salt
- 3 to 4 T. bourbon
- 1 1 2/ c. pecans, toasted, cooled
- For crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter 9-inch springform pan with 2 3/4- inch-high sides.
- Grind first 4 ingredients in processor until nut mixture sticks together.
- Press evenly onto bottom of pan.
- Bake crust until golden, about 15 min.
- Cool completely.
- Wrap outside of pan tightly in triple layers of heavy-duty foil.
- For Filling:
- Using mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon peel in large bowl until smooth.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- Then add pumpkin, yogurt, flour, manill, spices, and salt.
- Pour into pan.
- Set springform pan in roasting pan.
- Pour enough hot water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of cheesecake.
- Place in oven.
- Bake until outer 3 inches puff slightly and center is softly set, about 1 hour and 15 min.
- Cook in water bath 30 min.
- Remove from water, Cut around sides of cake to loosen.
- Refrigerate in pan until cold, about 4 hours.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- For Sauce:
- Bring sugar, cream, butter, corn syrup and salt to boil in deep medium sauce pan.
- Whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Boil 1 min. without stirring.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in bourbon, then pecans.
- Cool, stirring occationally.
- To Serve:
- Remove foil from cake.
- Cut around pan sides;
- remove sides
- Cut cheesecake in wedges
- Spoon sauce over.
NotesYou have to do a little planning for this one but you'll be rewarded. By far, this is one the most delicious things I have ever made.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More