- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 4 cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin (about half of a small can)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of allspice
- 2 cups quick oatmeal
- Whisk milk, eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin and spices together in a medium sized saucepan. Stir in oatmeal. Heat over medium heat until mixture becomes bubbly and thick, stirring frequently.
- Top with a dollop of apple butter and sprinkle with a few chopped pecans.
- This has a pudding consistency because of the eggs, so omit them for a more traditional oatmeal feel.
NotesI created this for a bakespace challenge. Copy this link to check out the forum challenges:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More