SPICED-RUM GLAZED PLANTAINS
- Servings: 8
- 3 pounds ripe plantains
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking Spray
Preheat oven to 350ºF
Peel plantains; diagonally cut plantains in 1/2 inch thick slices.
Arrange plantain slices in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray.
Combine orange juice and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
Pour juice mixture over plantains. Dot with butter and sprinkle with salt.
Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes.
Gently turn plantains over with thongs; bake an additional 10 minutes or until lightly browned.