- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 10
- •16 oz low fat buttermilk or 2 cups non-fat yogurt
- •1 teaspoon salt
- •1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- •1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- •10-12 curry leaves
- •1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- •½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- •1 dry red chilly
- •1 teaspoon olive oil
- •2 (+1) cups water
- 1.If using yogurt, beat them with 2 cups water with a whisk (for about 5 minutes at maximum speed) to make it frothy and smooth. Set aside. If using buttermilk, pour in 2 cups water and stir with a spatula to combine. Set aside. You can add 1 more cup of water if needed.
- 2.Heat oil in a small saucepan. Once they sizzle, add the curry leaves and let it crisp. Then throw in the mustard seeds and let it pop.
- 3.Next add cumin seeds, dry chili powder and turmeric powder. Saute for 30-45 seconds and switch off the flame.
- 4.Add the above mixture, salt and cilantro to the whisked yogurt or buttermilk and stir to combine.
- 5.Serve in a pitcher glass and enjoy it cold.
NotesSpiced and salted buttermilk drink is simple and effective drink for summer. Spiced and salted buttermilk drink is a famous drink during the summer seasons in India. During summer I make this almost everyday and absolutely love it very much. Cool, refreshing summer drink, low fat and healthy. Worth trying this summer.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More